Monday 20 July 2009

BBQ!

I had a fabulous weekend this weekend. This sheer fabulousness was due to Bean (my flatmate) and I having our housewarming BBQ. Now, ordinarily, burnt meat and flies are not my idea of a good time. However, this little event was a carefully orchestrated party - which went with a bang! I haven't enjoyed myself so much for ages. It was great to have so many people in our little flat - all enjoying themselves.

The BBQ started at around 1.30pm/2pm and went on until everyone realised that they needed to get the Tube at approx midnight! I think we'd intended for it to finsih early evening (assuming people would get tired and/or bored) but we were all having too much fun!

The Pimm's was flowing and the meat kept coming (save for Bean and I who were on the seafood) - Darren did a great job cooking for around 7 hours! The weather held out for us too - insofar as the British weather can - and it only rained for about 30 mins. Perfect!!

On the subject of BBQs - I think this little dress from Whirling Turban would be a perfect BBQ outfit:



The Sunday was spent cleaning up after said BBQ (of course!), lazily shopping around Ealing and finally in lazing around Bristol. I was in the mood for an epic, and so Darren raided Fopp for Gone with the Wind. Such a great film! Scarlett is just fantastic - Vivien Leigh is so achingly beautiful it's incredible. She was very powerful and moving.

Dare I say it - but her wardrobe was utterly jaw-dropping. I was having kittens every time she appeared in some new concoction. I am not sure which of her dresses was my favourite...





Unsurprisingly, I think it may be the dress Rhett throws at her to wear to Ashley Wilkes' birthday party (the burgundy dress, above). Close second is her New Orleans honeymoon dress - it's in keeping with my obsession with monochrome!

As an aside, Darren and I believe that they finally make it work in the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment