Monday 11 May 2009

Musings...

So - there is so much going on in my life right now that I thouht it only right and proper to start blogging.

This is intended as a way for me to order my thoughts, as well as chronicle events and chapters as they unfold.

I suppose, as with most things in my life, that this is rather self-serving. However, it seems only natural and I would like to share various bits of me with the world. This is especially the case as I feel removed from friends and family who (in the main) live some way away from me.

As this will be a rather public forum for my thoughts and diary, I guess I should begin properly by introducing myself.

My name is Katherine, but I am not keen on that. I don't think I have grown into my name as yet, and have come through various forms of it to arrive where I am today. Currently, then, I am Kat. I think it suits me.


So, a few potted facts about Kat:

I am a 20 something (but not for long) lawyer, living in London. Currently trying to be working somewhere else and living somewhere else - no challenge there then!

Although my name is Kat, I am very much a dog person. ;-)

I am very much in love with my long-suffering boyfriend, Darren, who has been through thick and thin with me. Whilst some would think that two fiery tempered lawyers would be utterly wrong for each other, I think that we have both found something very special in the other. We currently make the most of a 100 mile distance and I can often be located in Bristol (or somewhere along the M4).

I am a self-confessed shopaholic. I love fashion, but quite frankly cannot afford my obsession. I would kill (yes KILL) to own a vintage Chanel Couture ANYTHING. I'll settle for new, however, and a pair of killer Louboutins.

I love burlesque and naughtiness and having a giggle. I pole dance and will be taking lessons in shimmying asap! I love to dress up - can you guess?

I am attracted to shiny things. Also, if something's red I'll find it very hard to walk away...

History both fascinates and inspires me. I love reading about it and love reliving it. In fact, my most prized possession at the moment is my brand spanking new National Trust membership card.

Reading is a passion of mine, I don't have a favourite genre and will read anything. I don't have a favourite novel though, that would be too difficult.

Japanese culture intrigues me. I am drawn to all facets of it. An early influence on me was Unico (yes, an anime) which got me hooked. This has expanded to food, sake, costume, cinema, (yet more) anime and further...

I have a passion for travel - love it! I can only be in the UK for six months before I need to go again. I have been all over Europe and North America. I loved Thailand, and would love to go back. I am hoping to visit Japan soon, but next stop - Athens. I can't pick a favourite place, that would be wrong. They are all fabulous!!

What else can I say about me? I guess the rest will simply be disclosed organically as I update this blog...

1 comment:

  1. Well, we have 5 things in common-
    I am fascinated by history
    I love reading
    Japanese culture intrigues me
    I'm a traveling person
    I have hardly any comments on my blog! (No offence!)

    ReplyDelete