Wednesday 20 May 2009

Oz Obsessive

As the title of this post may suggest - on Tuesday Bean (my housemate - Robina for long) and I went to see 'Wicked' - again.

I say 'again' because it is Bean's ninth (or so) time and my fifth. We are HUGE HUGE HUGE Wicked fans, and totally hooked.

It was *great* - as it always is - but we have amazing seats this time, which couldn't have been much better (save for the PERFECT seats D got for us the first time I ever went - on our very first date). The sings make me cry and I just love Glinda. I am aware how sad this makes me, by the way.

I have bit of an obsession with Glinda - which you may have noticed. I think she's fabulous. This all started with Glinda the Good Witch of the North's dress in the original...

Glinda is played in the London production by Diane Pilkington, and I think she's just charming! I just love her in 'Popular', 'Loathing', 'Dancing through Life', 'Thank Goodness' and 'For Good'. As you may guess - I have the soundtrack and it gets constant plays... I just love musicals and the combination of this being about Oz as well... FABULOUS!!

D doesn't understand - but then he doesn't understand how much I love the 'Wizard of Oz' in general. There is just something about it - it's touchingly simple but complicated. I'm not just a fan of the 'traditional' Judy Garland version, either, but also 'Return to Oz' which is much darker.
*Sigh* - it is a shame that the real world doesn't have quite as much magic about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment